Thursday, October 19, 2006

What is going on in our world?

My mother tells me that a theology blog can get a little heavy at times. While we understand that our theology must drive every aspect of our lives and we love what we are learning, here is an update on what is going on in our lives.

As you can see from previous blogs, we bought a house this summer. God has been so gracious to provide for us in this purchase. He has used many friends and family members to accomplish this, and we are grateful for their help. We continue to stumble through the process of learning what it means to be homeowners, but the Lord has been graciously guiding us providing for us every step of the way while making sure to keep us dependent on Him.

Julie is working at a music school called The Music Staff. She runs the office and teaches quite a few piano students, besides teaching Kinder Music--a program designed to introduce small children to musical foundations. We have developed a good relationship with the boss/owners of The Music Staff, Maryanne and Roger Medlin, who sort of look after us like another set of their kids. They were the ones who helped us find the house we purchased (Roger works in real estate).

I am working at HSBC part time. The Lord has blessed there with a good atmosphere, a good manager, excellent benefits, and a measure of success in my position. God takes all of the credit for that. I am taking ten hours at Central Seminary right now, and I am loving my classes. I have found that my professors have gracious spirits and discipler's hearts. My greatest goal in these classes is to come to walk with God more in every aspect of my life. I am hoping to graduate in May of 2008 with a Master of Divinity Degree.

We remain members at Colonial Baptist church. The Pastors and leadership of CBC is made up of godly men who love Christ. I appreciate them, and in this area I wish to follow in their footsteps. Both of us are involved with discipleship ministries in the Colonial Youth Group. We have come to love the many families in our church, and we count it a privilege to be able to minister their children.

As to the future after graduation. Only the Lord knows. We have many desires, among them being post graduate studies. But both Julie's and my greatest desire is to know God deeply. We know that He will guide our steps in the future as we seek to enjoy His presence right now. This continues to be our pursuit; we trust God for what will follow.

7 comments:

S said...

Thanks for the update, and we live minutes away from you guys. Well, I'm sure you and Stephen see each other at good ole HSBC. We are thankful, too, for how God has provided through that job. I love the picture of you guys and have enjoyed your house updates. Looks like you guys have been working hard. We need to get together - maybe next summer?? :)

Tracy said...

I love the picture of you and Julie. Thank you for giving us an update on your lives. We rejoice with you in how God has provided for you. We love you and are praying for you.

Jen and Mark said...

i love the picture!!! you guys are so cute! thanks so much for the update!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well! great picture! I loved the pictures of your house too. . .you have been hard at work =)

Don & Katrina Hines said...

Hey guys! I was just checking to see the updates and I was shocked and amazed by your virtual tour of your house! Awesome! You guys have done a fabulous job! Love the colors and combinations! I also really like your picture! Thanks for the update!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

that's a really nice portrait, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie and Rob! We came across your blog so I thought that I would say hello. I think of you often and hear news now and then about you, recently through the Fosmarks who are serving here in Moncton as well. Anyway, we send late congrats on your marriage! Your picture is beautiful. We are just entering the blog world, so feel free to check us out.(theburrillbunch.blogspot.com) We are excited to see how the Lord is working in your life! God bless ~ Josh, Erica and Rowan (5 months old :) P.S. - It was nice to see Jay and Tracy this past summer. We visited a little during ball Friday nights.