Friday, October 19, 2007

Wife-napped


I'm not sure how that should be spelled, but that's what happened to me last weekend. Rob and I took a trip to Charlottesville to visit his aunt for the weekend. We had a great time and planned to leave on Monday in time for us both to get to work - so I thought. Rob said he wanted to take a different route home to avoid traffic. At first I was okay with that, but as we continued to go south I got a little nervous about where we were going to end up. Finally he handed me that directions and I realized our destination was NORTH CAROLINA!!!! I felt very confused, but finally he told me that he was kidnapping me - he had re-scheduled my piano students, gotten a hotel, and gotten tickets to a Celtic Woman concert - a group we have been wanting to go see. What an awesome surprise - Thanks Rob!

Ps. If you like celtic music - you should check out this group. Our favorite song is Caledonia!

7 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That is awesome. Sounds like so much fun to be surprised like that. Good job Rob!! Glad you could both enjoy the concert!!

Tracy said...

That is so great! Way to go Rob! I'm glad you had such a great time. I love Celtic Women although I haven't listened to them enough to have a favorite song yet.

jeileenbaylor said...

How cool is that!? What a nice guy ;o) Glad you guys got to get away.
p.s. Tim and I have heard the celtic women and enjoy them quite a bit!

cranny + b said...

that is so wonderful! I am so glad for you! How is the floor coming? I bet it looks great!

T.J. and Shannon said...

What a great surprise! I'm sure it was so nice to get away together.

Chad said...

i am glad you got away, but more than that i am glad you finally posted something

jess said...

How sweet! Can't wait to see a pic of the house all painted beautiful!