Monday, December 08, 2008

Being Pregnant With My Best Bud

Well, I know most of you have now heard that I am expecting my first baby. But you may not know that I'm sharing this wonderful experience with my sister! Jennie is 2 years younger than I am.

We have always been close (of course we went through our stages, like most siblings do "where's my t-shirt that you borrowed...I wanted to wear it today!!!") but overall we have had a wonderful relationship. So you can imagine that when I found out she was moving to Virginia Beach I was extremely excited. We love to hang out - shopping especially, but everything is fun when we're together.

Somehow, Jen and I managed to get married within 7 months of each other. You will have to ask my mom some time about how that went - it was a little crazy, but she was great at keeping us organized!!! Well, we didn't plan on being pregnant at the same time, so when Jennie came to me five days after I found out I was pregnant and said she was too, we couldn't believe it. However, it's been a blast to share this experience and we are both due at the end of June. So thanks mom again for balancing two crazy daughters!

I love you Jen, and look forward to continuing this experience together!

10 comments:

Katie Barker said...

That's so crazy cool! I can imagine how fun it will be to share these months (and years) together.

cranny + b said...

I can't wait to see pics of both of you guys at 8 and a half months!!!! :) You guys are and will be adorable!

Karis said...

How fun for you guys and for the cousins to be born too!

jeileenbaylor said...

That is so much fun! My twin sister, rachael and I have been able to experience some of our pregnancies together too. I am due - well today :) and she is Due mid-may. Sisters are so much fun!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That is way cool!! You will have a blast going with her through the different stages!!

Tim and Kristen's Blog said...

How exciting! That'll be so much fun to go through all of the stages of pregnancy together!! Enjoy:)

sara said...

That is so neat! Congratulations to both of you!!! Your parents are going to have Grandparent overload!!! How will they contain their happiness?!??!!

Kelli said...

What an awesome experience to share with your sister and so great that she is close by! How neat that God specifically planned for the both of you. Congratulations to you both!

gailsgarden said...

How exciting!! Your kids will grow up together like ours and my sis's...
Aug 29, Sept 6 and then Aug 4 (or was it Aug 3?) Anyway it was fun and we got to live close to each other for several years.

Heavenbound Kim said...

too cute; congrats to both or should I say, all of you (husbands included)... ;) ♥