Wednesday, August 10, 2011

32 Years (and no, I'm not talking about my age)

Do you remember writing little notes and making cards for your parents when you were little? I remember that I always used to end just about everything with "Thanks for being the best mom / dad / parents in the world." I love that even though I am now 29 and have my own family, I still think I have the best parents in the world.

Today, Dad and Mom celebrate 32 years of being together. I celebrate with them. I rejoice because they have exemplified a Christ-honoring relationship in front of me for every moment I can remember. The greatest example I have seen in them is a consistent walk with God. They showed me how to love Jesus when we were at home, when we were in the car, when we were with our church, when we were on vacation, when we played, and when we worked. Their relationship to one-another has had a tremendous impact on my marriage, my parenting, and my walk with God. I cannot get over the gift of parents like Dave and Judi Coats. I can daily see God's grace to me through them.

Congrats Dad and Mom. I love you so much!

No comments: