Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Wednesday Letters and Snow





I had to laugh at the snow we got here in VA Beach...8 inches or something which absolutely shuts the place down... especially when usually 1 or 2 does..it was great to have a couple days home together though...


And...


Review # 3


The Wednesday Letters, by Jason Wright


This novel was an easy and fun read...I managed to do it in two days...mostly because we had the biggest snow storm in Virginia Beach in 30 years and life stopped! It is fiction about a family going through the loss of their parents and dealing with other life issues. It has a lot of “God talk”...it seems like the author may be a Christian. I liked the theme of forgiveness and redemption throughout. Some of the “lovey-dovey” talk...I’m not so sure is necessary, but perhaps not harmful either. My favorite part is that the parents that just passed away had a very sweet tradition. The father wrote a letter every Wednesday to his wife from the day they married to the day they died. I enjoy hearing about different traditions people have - even if it’s made up in a book...anyways, this was strictly fluff reading, but I guess that’s ok once in a while (and I’ve decided to review every book, so I did).




7 comments:

kellyH said...

ok, you are charging thru the books. nice. :) I can hardly believe those pics are from VB!! I am impressed that you have a shovel, because we never owned one in our 4 years there. :)

JordanandSue said...

I LOVE that little smile Brynne is sportin'!

juliechall said...

Kelly...I actually was trying to think why we even had one...but I guess it's for cleaning up leaves and it sure came in handy! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.