Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Funnies...






This was my first Mother's Day with Brynnie outside my tummy, so it was very special. Rob and Jordan made an awesome lunch for me and Sue and sent us out on our own for dessert. It was a blast, but we had a hilarious experience at Baker's Crust. I thought I would share...











First of all...check out the lady in the background. If you can click on the pic and enlarge, you will see she is quite the character...with five inch long pink nails curling around her lovely snack...ewwww


We arrived, and were seated by a hostess. Sue, being the sweet person she is, commented on her dress. The hostess immediately goes into an excited monologue about her dress, recent hair cut, style preferences (I seriously thought Sue knew her it was so detailed) and continued until a manager grabbed her to seat other guests.

Then our sweet waiter arrived. He was probably early twenties. I asked for a recommendation for dessert and he started talking but had to apologize for having gum in his mouth and not being able to communicate clearly. The rest of that conversation I couldn't get my eyes off the green gum rolling around in his mouth.

Last, and most funny to me, is that we ordered coffee and dessert-ONLY- and a few minutes later he arrived with bread and butter. Wow, what a great appetizer :) Well, as you can see, dessert was amazing, so I can't complain, but we really had a good laugh about our experience.

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

too bad I couldn't get the picture to open up bigger. . . what a trip out! Glad you had such a special day.

Anneke said...

Oh my. Funny! But it's still my favorite place. :)

JordanandSue said...

I'm still laughing about that whole experience! You forgot to mention the AMAZING photographer that took that adorable picture of you and Brynne! I love her little smile :)

jeileenbaylor said...

How funny - sounds like you had a great day ;)