Friday, November 19, 2010

Holding On










I don't know about you, but I always feel like I'm holding my breath to see how long the leaves will last. The beauty always puts me in awe and brings me such joy. I often think at this time of year that it is so sweet that God can bring beauty out of death. Truly, the leaves are dying and going to be composted into the ground. And yet, God chose to make this process of dying bring something so beautiful. Sometimes I feel like we get sucked into believing that death is always a bad thing, but when we remember the cross, we realize that God can bring about wonderful blessings through death. Satan thought he had the victory, but really God was bringing about the greatest victory ever known: the eternal victory over death that we can now enjoy as well. Maybe the leaves are just another reminder.

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Beautiful fall pics! I tried to take some yesterday but the lighting wasn't great...oh well. At least I get to enjoy the colors in yours!

Katie Barker said...

Good thoughts! I enjoyed the metaphor of death and the leaves - I thought our fall was mostly gone, but then God gave us a few more beautiful days after a bit of cold.

AnneB said...

Julie-thanks for taking time to post these thoughts:) I know each post represents time and effort...but they are a blessing to me:)