Wednesday, November 03, 2010

I am resolved


Hmmmm, sounds like a song or something. Anyhoo, I have resolved to journal in the evenings right before bed to record the blessings of the day. This idea mostly came to me when I was thinking of how best to preserve the sweet memories that are formed each day with our Brynnie. Since it is growing more and more difficult to pull the scrapbook out, I had to come up with a more simple way to keep up. It seems like every day she does something so sweet, or something so funny, or something so naughty, or something so crazy, and I just don't want to forget. I hope that years into the future I can pull out these journals for laughs and maybe cries. I was also thinking that maybe this will be a good reminder on some of the hard days...days when you just feel like you can't say "no" one more time, days when you think you'll go crazy if you have to say "do not whine" one more time, days when you feel like you can never ever ever again finish your "to do" list, that these days are short and fleeting. I want to see my journal and remember to enjoy each moment to the fullest. And not enjoy it unto myself, but unto God who is giving me the opportunity to live life to the fullest. I spoke to a sweet older lady the other day who shared the heartbreak of having lost her daughter at age 4 and she said that she has never gotten over it. It was a striking reminder to cherish every day. I wish I could post a little picture of my sweetie, but as I'm still working on the camera thing...I will just overload the pics later on!
How are you resolved to enjoy and appreciate each day?

2 comments:

kellyH said...

definitely a great idea! there is no way to keep up with scrapbooking for sure when you're lucky to get dishes, laundry (you're fav!) and dinner in one day. haha! and I am sure someday we will laugh at some of THOSE days. :)

JordanandSue said...

What a great idea! Who knows? I may steal it! :) I remember determining to make a mental effort every day to enjoy my baby (now babies) - and I can honestly say that God has given me so much joy when I focus on his blessings in the form of my family. Admittedly, sometimes I enjoy fond thoughts of them after they're in bed, but I am learning how precious these days are. Great post!!