Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our secret love


Confession - we love IHOP. Some of you already know that, but after we had breakfast there this morning, I just had to share. In general, Rob and I love to find little hole-in-the-wall local places to eat at and enjoy. We love our local coffee shop in Old Town Portsmouth, Moseberths (me for sweet tea only, Rob for good old fried chicken), and a local custard place...which I can't think of the name right now, but just thinking about it I'm dying for an oreo cyclone (otherwise known as a blizzard). Anyways, in this case, we love a chain! Part of that may be that we get a BOGO coupon all the time, but we also love breakfast food and honestly I've never had a bad meal there....I even waitressed there one summer...so that I still eat there says a lot :) Anyways, in case you don't know, here is what we recommend: Omelettes (massive and come with pancakes), harvest grain and nut pancakes (if you want to feel kind of good about yourself afterword), chocolate chip pancakes if you don't care about feeling good about yourself, ham and egg melt with hash browns.....and my all-time favorite around the holidays - pumpkin pancakes. Okay, well that post was worthless, but hey, what's a blog for???


7 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

Julie, you're so funny. :) I just have to "AMEN!" your post, especially about the pumpkin pancakes. Nate thinks I'm rather odd for craving them ALL year round. I can hardly wait for next fall. :)

kellyH said...

They also have this promo - you can pretend it's for Bynne. :) I just posted this today for the momtourage! IHOP's 'Kids Eat Free' dinner promotion runs every day April 1 through
April 30.
Families who dine at IHOP from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily will receive
one free kid's meal
with each adult entrée purchase. The free meal is valid for kids 12
and under on IHOP's
"Just for Kids" menu items (drinks are not included unless... otherwise
specified on the
"Just for Kids" menu). The offer is available dine-in only and is
not valid with any other discounts, coupons or specials.

Michelle said...

Moseberth's...YUM!!! My dad has been eating there for years. At the shipyard (where he works), they do Friday lunch runs to there. I have definitely tasted the goodness of their sweet tea! And I love their BBQ and hush puppies!! :-)

Unknown said...

Could the elusive custard place be Rick's, otherwise known as Scott's, on Airline Blvd near Victory Blvd Lowe's? We had the funniest debate w/the Branine's over the name of that place...and come to find out it actually has different names on 2 sides of the building!

juliechall said...

Kris - I totally relate to the "all year round" craving. They are seriously so good!
Kelly- thanks for the tip!

Michelle - awesome - I love that a place named "Moseberths" is that popular - the name freaked me out for a while :)

Kerry - THANK YOU - maybe I couldn't remember the name cuz there are two?? :)

JordanandSue said...

That was NOT a worthless post. It served to make me hungry right after breakfast. Thanks a lot :)

AnneB said...

I'm pretty sure the local IHOP's do the kids eat free everyday from 4-10pm!