Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Calling all gardeners or people who like to give their opinion

I'm feeling like I need some ideas for my "side of the house" garden. The hard part is that I can't even put my finger on what is bugging me....I just don't love it. I don't want to get rid of or move the roses cause they love their home. But I'm open to any other ideas. If you can't tell - all the way to the left is a gardenia bush, then my green filler plants are hostas and sedum . Do I need more height variety - more color???....would love to hear.
Oh...and had to share with everyone how early Brynnie has learned to get into dad's wallet. Not even a year old and she already wants the plastic. Oh dear... :)

5 comments:

JordanandSue said...

I have no opinions on your garden, but your daughter is adorable and I love that she is already plotting how she will take all your dough :) I DO think you grow lovely roses, though! Best wishes to your dirt :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of digging in the wallet...I have no good advice for your side garden. I actually think it looks great but I think more color is always a safe bet.

cranny + b said...

i busted up laughing when i saw the title to this post because it made me think of your little neighbor lady who indeed likes to "give opinions" about your garden;-) ha!

i too think it looks great--but if you're wanting more height, go for some black eyed susans --it will give you great height in the spring and summer--and great color too. actually, just go over to my house and dig up the huge one in front! ;-)

juliechall said...

Sounds good...thanks friends!

kellyH said...

I am no help on gardening. you might consider painting your windows a bright color to bring something that will stay year round. let us know how you make it work!