Wednesday, June 02, 2010

I camped....I'm a camper








































In case you haven't seen "What about Bob"....that line is from him. Only he says "I sailed, I'm a sailor"...Rob and I love that line. If you haven't seen it - it's a total waste of time, but hilarious :)



Anyways - I had my first camping experience last weekend on our anniversary trip and it was awesome. We traveled to the Shenandoah National Park and it was amazing. We relaxed, hiked, met up with many forest creatures (deer, rabbits, snails, butterflies, birds, some fuzzy tailed animal we never got full look at, and many more!), ate food cooked on a campfire, even had Starbucks coffee from the camp store.

Enjoying God's creation like that is incredible! Hope you enjoy the pics.

Any other campers out there?


5 comments:

JordanandSue said...

Looks like a great trip!!! You did NOT mention if you were missing Brynne like crazy...? I can see you still had lots of fun! So glad you could get away- makes me look forward to our next getaway. AND, what's up with calling watching What About Bob? a waste of time?!? Just for that, we're watching it with you guys. Happy 5th anniversary!

jeileenbaylor said...

Looks like fun!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

That does sound like a fun trip! Tim and I went there for our first anniversary, but we did not camp out (I was like 5-6 months pregnant!), but we stayed in a bed and breakfast in Luray. We did go to the National Park though and did some hiking and such. Definitely a beautiful place!

kellyH said...

looks like fun! the sbux cup looks a little out of place. :) I am not camping again until all my children are 10. that's my plan anyways!!

juliechall said...

Sorry Sue if I offended you regarding "What about Bob" :) And yes, I really did miss Brynnie and worried the whole time that she would forget about me, but she seemed to remember me when I got back! It was so nice not to be tied to the routine, but I'm so happy to be back with her.

Kelly...I have to say I've given the "camping with kids" some thought...you are probably very smart.