Monday, April 13, 2009

Wonderful Worship and a Belly Update

Recently, we had the incredible opportunity to go to a Getty concert in Richmond. If you have never heard their music, they are endeavoring to write contemporary hymns for people to use in their churches. Their text is very theological and they put music to it that enhances the message so well. The concert was so encouraging - drawing attention to Christ and not a "performer" which I appreciate so much. Praise God for people like this that He is using to encourage the body of Christ!
One of my favorites:
Oh, to see the dawn of the darkest day:
Christ on the road to Calvary.
Tried by sinful men, torn and beaten, then
Nailed to a cross of wood.
CHORUS:
This, the pow'r of the cross:
Christ became sin for us; Took the blame, bore the wrath—
We stand forgiven at the cross.
Oh, to see the pain written on Your face,
Bearing the awesome weight of sin. Ev'ry bitter thought,
Ev'ry evil deed crowning Your bloodstained brow.
Now the daylight flees; now the ground beneath quakes as its maker bows His head. Curtain torn in two,
Dead are raised to life;"Finished!" the vict'ry cry.
Oh, to see my name written in the wounds, for through Your suffering
I am free. Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,won through Your selfless love.
These are friends from college that we hooked up with in Richmond...the Saunders.

And of course...here I am in all my glory - about ten weeks from delivery :)

6 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Yeah for the belly update! You look great...wow just 10 weeks left...awesome! Glad you had a good time at the concert and got to meet up with some friends.

Unknown said...

I like the gettys too. I actually think we had one of their songs in our wedding. Do they sing Speak Oh Lord? haha, i can't remember if they are the same ones. Anyways I do like them.
And 10 weeks wow, So close now, and you look great.

Rob H said...

Thanks Kristen - I'm sure you know how appreciated the "you look great" comment is at this point :)

Jessica - thanks for checking in. The Gettys do sing Speak Oh Lord...I like that one too.
Julie

Kristin said...

Julie, you look amazing! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left.

sara said...

Love that belly shot!

That is one of our favorite songs too. Our kids sang it in church not too long ago.

jeileenbaylor said...

We LOVE Getty - I bet it was just soo awesome! And you look fabulous darling!!!