Monday, May 24, 2010

The cat came back....warning to animal lovers...


Well - here's the story. Rob and I are both allergic to cats. So neither of us has a huge affinity to cats. In general, Rob likes animals a lot more than I do. We are in constant conversation about his desire to get a dog and mine not to. I don't hate animals, I'm just too practical to own one. I'm already dealing with a child's poop - why a dog? I also won't deal with the hair in the house, and he really doesn't want an "only outside" dog. Anyways, we are at a cheerful stale-mate right now. Or maybe I say that because I'm winning??? So why the cat pics? Apparently this cat didn't get the memo that we don't want a cat. It has taken up residence in our yard and any time we are outside, it comes around looking for attention. It's the kind that climbs in your lap or rubs it's body against yours....getting nasty black hairs all over you. Obviously, Rob showed it some extra special attention the other day - hopefully that didn't encourage it too much. One thing that is true - Brynne goes crazy over animals - cats and dogs are the best. But she gets ticked if they won't come play with her and let her pull their hair out. She'll get it some day. But I'm not sure - have we created an animal lover or is this just a passing phase? I shudder to think I would have two people driving me crazy about getting a dog....we'll see...

6 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

I can so relate with this post. Tim wants a dog really badly, and I don't at all (I am just not an animal lover). Anyway, we do not have any animals here as well. But, Megan loves animals as well. So I am thinking here soon we will be going 2-1 in our house!

LMLogan said...

that's how we got our cat - wouldn't leave, just showed up in our yard one day. might be a keeper ;)

juliechall said...

Kristen - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one fighting this! :)

Lindsay....I'm really hoping you are wrong!

cranny + b said...

okay.
i just have to say that i very, very, VERY carefully scrolled down your post because I was just sure, absolutely sure, you were going to tell me that you had trapped or killed the cat because you didn't want it around;-)

phew! i just breathed a sigh of relief;-)

get a dog--they are SO much better than cats.
And, you really have no excuses, because,
#1, if Rob is the one that wants the dog, then Rob can pick up the poop. Or better yet, get a mower that mulches it all..........

#2, there are shed-less dogs out there....
the poodle--which just makes me laugh to think of you all getting a poodle, but none-the-less, they don't shed;-)..... another idea is the labradoodle......the thought of you guys having one of those makes me laugh even more;)

JordanandSue said...

I can see it now: your home crawling with abandoned, neglected, hairy, smelly cats... Brynne happy as a lark... :) Glad you've stayed strong- aren't you thankful your allergies act as a great excuse? ... well for cats at least.

Sarah, I was thinking the same thing: this story had better not end in a sacrifice :)

juliechall said...

Thanks so much for that vote of confidence Sarah and Sue...