Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Fabulous Weekend


We had a wonderful getaway last weekend and were able to take some great pics, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to post. I'm sorry to say that this is only the second time I have posted since the inception of this blog, but without internet at home, it makes it a little difficult. Anyways, we were able to go to Nellysford (near Charlottesville) to visit Rob's Aunt Gayle.
She lives in a beautiful deck house on the side of a mountain. With the leaves changing in the valley, it gives you a gorgeous view. It's always so relaxing to go to their place - they like to cook, chat, show us their garden, listen to music, play games....all that stuff that makes you just forget about the hectic lifestyle back home.
Anyways, we had a great time and are so thankful the Lord allowed us to get away for a little break before we hit the really busy time of the semester.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thanks for the new post! I don't check yours often, but am glad I did. Great pictures! It looks so beautiful there. It is nice to get away during the semester for a time of relaxation. Nice seeing you tonight. Have a good weekend.

LMLogan said...

oht that'll be us this weekend!! it's so beautiful up there! can't wait!! great pics!! :)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful--those trees look like they've been painted! Glad that you all were able to get away! Looking forward to our 'refinishing the wood floors' weekend!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful--those trees look like they've been painted! Glad that you all were able to get away! Looking forward to our 'refinishing the wood floors' weekend!

Anonymous said...

I always love going to visit Gayle and Lynn. They are so relaxing to be around, and it is a beautiful place esp. in fall. I love you guys. We're glad little Andy is here!
Love Mom

Don & Katrina Hines said...

I am so happy for you guys! How nice to get away! I am heading that way next weekend for a teacher's convention. Two years ago, when we last went to that convention, the leaves were all off the tree by the time we went. Big Bummer! I hope it is as pretty as your pictures! I just love this time of year!

jeileenbaylor said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get away. It looks like a wonderfully serene place!