Tuesday, October 03, 2006

virtual tour of the new hall house: part III

Sorry about the long wait on these. We have finally gotten around to taking some post renovation pictures. I have provided before and after photos so you can see the difference. Sorry that some of them are so dark...the house really isn't that dark. I guess if you really want to see what it looks like you can come and visit.

Our bedroom (notice the flashlight down next to the bed on the right side; that was our light in the room for a while) before:


and after:



an angle of the living room coming from the hallway before:


and after:


again the living room before:


and after:



Now this is my favorite. This is probably the most drastic change; we have the kitchen before:


and after:



This is also the kitchen looking from the living room in towards the sink
before:


also before


and after:


You can see how we totally changed the layout of the kitchen. We are thankful for God's provision to get these project done.

Up to this point we have knocked out the wall between the kitchen and living room to create a feeling of more space (with the help of Eric Lee); changed some of the wiring (thanks Jared); moved the washer dryer hookups; re-plastered the walls/ceilings; painted the walls/ceilings; installed new ceiling fans; installed new light fixtures; gutted the kitchen; and put new sink/faucet, cabinets, countertops and bar (high counter) in the kitchen (besides miscellaneous projects around the yard). Our next project will be the floors - we plan to tile the kitchen, and refinish the oak floors in the living room and dining room. In the hopefully not so distant future we would like to paint the exterior, redo the bathroom, and add central AC. Along the way, our plan has been to invest money in these projects, thereby increasing the value of the house for resale when we leave.

Thanks to all of the friends who have helped with this so far.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Julie! Your house is SUPER cute!! Very nice taste! WOW, I still can't believe I found you...you haven't changed a bit in looks;) I have been BUSY with work out here in Arizona...I love it, but dearly miss my family!! Leah Parrish and her husband were out here, but moved in May. So, I am by myself other than my church friends/family. The first two blogs or so I posted kind of sum up my life since college:) Give me a shout if you do e-mail... DanaGayer@hotmail.com When did you get married? How long will you guys be in VA? I heard it's beautiful down there:) Can't wait to catch up...Have a great one!!
~Dana

T.J. and Shannon said...

Your house looks great from what I can see. I'm sure it was a lot of work, but well worth it.

Tracy said...

Wow, You guys have made quite a difference in that house. I can tell you've had a busy summer. The house looks great. We can't wait to get out their to visit! We love you, and miss you.

LMLogan said...

yay new pictures!! you guys did an awesome job!! love the dark cabinets in the kitchen!! looks very homey!!! :)

Katie Barker said...

Wow, this looks so super good and I love your style. I bet you could put your before and after pictures in better homes and gardens or something.

juliechall said...

Thanks Katie -
I don't think it's that good, but we're pretty excited about how it's coming along. It's so fun to work on it together. Rob's been busy with school, so we haven't done as much recently, but we're hoping to maybe get to the floors on "the reading break" :)

the johnson crew said...

wow, guys, i am especially impressed with the kitchen. i think the kitchen is a big selling point in a house...and it looks like the "before" kitchen was a disaster. were the renovations tough to live through? we redid our kitchen last year and it was a nightmere...but now it is done and we are happy. your house looks great! i am happy for your guys.

Jenny O said...

Hey guys! I just found your blog and I was so excited!! The house looks great! ;-) Hope all is going well for you!

Jen and Mark said...

julie - your house looks fantastic. i'm a little jealous because we are still renting!!! ugh!!! can't wait for the day to get into our own place!
-jen corbin

juliechall said...

I have to admit Janelle that it was a nightmare to live through redoing the kitchen. The fridge was in the livingroom, we lived off of anything I could make in the microwave and had to use plastic dishes because we had no water.....even now I cringe to think about it, but praise the Lord it's mostly done with and we live normally :) (I think)

juliechall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
holly marie said...

hi julie, how are you? i am great....your house looks great! k love ya, holly