Monday, August 09, 2010

Ten Random Things


1 I love love love the colors of these fruits and veggies I found at the farmers market on Saturday. God makes such beautiful things. And we can even eat them!

2 So, since I bought figs and an eggplant, I need some recipes for these :) Any ideas???

3 I'm starting to get sad that summer is coming to an end...even though it stays warm around here for a while, my teaching schedule is always more busy in the fall.

4 I asked for advice on my side garden, took it...by planting black-eyed susans, and now am morning the death of one and the possible death of the other. I guess it was just too warm for planting? I was a pretty good girl as far as watering went (which isn't always the case), but it wasn't enough. However, I'm very glad they are perennials. Perhaps they will be much happier in the spring when their little heads pop up.

5 Lately I have been loving making a "mexi" salad. We have really been working on our eating habits and trying to focus a little more on protein and veggies rather than carbs. It usually consists of spinach, black or pinto beans, chicken or beef, tomatoes, salsa, avocado or olives, and cheese. Sometimes I add a couple tortilla chips for crunch. It is sooooo good! Now that I'm looking at all the ingredients I wonder if I'm really accomplishing what I mean to :)

6 Rob's birthday is this Saturday. We love birthdays because we pretty much celebrate the whole month. Any time we want to do something it is our excuse. "It's your birthday month...we need to celebrate!!"

7 I'm feeling like my hair looks kind of damaged lately and am wondering if anyone has a great home treatment to revitalize hair.

8 I know I shouldn't make another comment about food, but our latest favorite is "bordeaux dark chocolate cherry" frozen yogurt. Usually I don't like fruity chocolate stuff - but this is really good. Maybe because we love dark chocolate so much (and it's really good for you...right?).

9 I constantly love to have my toenails painted, but not usually my finger nails. I think it's because my fingernails stay nice for about half a day and it drives me crazy to keep up with them.

10 One of Brynnie's favorite words right now is doggie - although it usually sounds like "goggie" or "gokie" - it is so cute because she gets so excited when sees a dog and says it over and over in her little high-pitched voice. It's also pretty funny when she's saying it referring to a cat or any other animal that remotely resembles a dog.

Well if you stuck with me, thanks for listening to my rambling. Let me know your thoughts or if you have something random to share - I'd be happy to hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where you get that frozen yogurt. It sound delicious.

Melody said...

What a fun post! I LOVE figs ... my nanny had a fig tree outside her house and we would just eat them right off the tree. I've read recipes to use them and gorgonzola cheese together, but I haven't tried it. As far as hair treatment, coconut oil is supposed to be a great conditioner - you can find it in the natural foods section, and you can also use it for cooking.

juliechall said...

Well - believe it or not, just good old Food Lion - that is the only place I've found it so far! (frozen yogurt)

Thanks for the advice Melody!