Friday, August 27, 2010

Crazy Lady

Well, it's been far too long since I posted about my girlie - what a bad mom, huh? At almost 14 months, she really is a crazy lady. We have lots of little fun names for her, but that is one that is pulled out quite often.

I had to snap a picture of her playing in Rob's guitar case the other day

Now that she can climb up onto the couch, it is one of her favorite places to be. She likes to crawl to the end, hold onto the arm rest, and then drop back onto her bottom. I guess she loves it because it's a cushy landing??!
I love that her hair is still curling at the ends, but it does some crazy
things when she's sleeping. This morning "do" cracked me up!
My funniest (and scariest) picture. You can kind of see the determined look on her face. My girl is a crazy, ocd, organizer! How can this be - even at one year old? She loves loves loves to pull things out and put them back. I think this particular day she just kept pulling all the books out and then putting them all back in the box. She also loves my makeup bag, grocery store fliers, my tub of plastic kitchen containers...and is very serious about where everything goes. I really do love to see her little personality coming out already!
This stage is a blast. It's great to see her gradually working on words and putting communication together. Her most-used words are "hi" and "goggie" (doggie). But my favorite is "boppy" which means bath or blankie. Her two signs are "please" and "thank you". I think please happened because of her love for food and realization that she gets it with "please" (most of the time). "Thank you" makes me totally laugh, because instead of bringing her hand to her mouth usually she just smacks her face or head wherever and figures that's good enough. Of course, there are hard things - the tantrums not being the least. I was reminded today of God's patience with me as my Father. I have little patience even with my sweet girl, yet my heavenly Father loves and takes care of me every day - even when I fail over and over. I think one of my favorite things about being a parent is seeing in so many beautiful ways what a wonderful God we have.

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Very good update Julie! She looks like she has quite the personality...what a sweetie.

JordanandSue said...

She is such a cutie pie. I liked your reminder at the end of your post about God's patience with us. I needed to hear that today :) I ALSO love the crazy hair picture!! We love BRYNNIE!

Anonymous said...

The hair makes me giggle. I will have to ask Brynn to say thank you for something--I really want to see her in action.